"Excellent Tour, best experience"
"A unique experience despite a difficult context thanks
to an experience team of organisers"
Due to its high altitude of over 3,650 meters, high altitude sickness can be a concern for travelers visiting Lhasa. However, don't worry - most travelers are able to adjust to the altitude and experience Lhasa without any issues.
Here are some tips to help prevent and manage altitude sickness during your Lhasa tour:
(1) Acclimatize slowly: It's important to acclimatize gradually to the high altitude by spending a few days in Lhasa before undertaking any strenuous activities. This will give your body time to adjust to the thinner air and lower oxygen levels.
(2) Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water and other fluids to avoid dehydration, which can worsen altitude sickness symptoms.
(3) Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine: These substances can dehydrate you and make it more difficult for your body to acclimatize to the high altitude.
(4) Eat light and healthy meals: Eat light, nutritious meals to help your body adjust to the high altitude and avoid heavy or greasy foods that can make you feel more sluggish.
(5) Take medication: Medications such as acetazolamide (Diamox) can help prevent altitude sickness by increasing ventilation and reducing fluid buildup in the lungs. However, it's important to consult with a doctor before taking any medication for altitude sickness.
(6) Rest: Take breaks and rest often during your Lhasa tour to give your body time to adjust and avoid overexertion.
The train from Xining to Tibet offers a comfortable and scenic way to travel through the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. It provides a unique and unforgettable travel experience. Here are some facilities equipped on the train from Xining to Lhasa/Tibet:
1.Sleeping Berths: The train has four types of sleeping options, including soft sleeper, hard sleeper, soft seat, and hard seat.
2.Dining cars: The train offers a variety of meals, snacks, and beverages in dining cars. If Chinese and Tibetan dishes is not to your taste, you can bring some instant food.
3.Toilets/Restrooms: The train has both Western-style and squat-style toilets available in each soft sleeper carriage. However, passengers should be prepared for their towels, toilet paper, and hand sanitizer.
4.Oxygen supply systems: The train is equipped with oxygen supply systems and supplemental oxygen to help passengers adjust to the high altitude.
5.Observation decks:Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Tibetan Plateau.
TheQinghai-Tibet Railway means the train journey from Xining to Lhasa which is one of the most scenic train journeys in the world.Take the train from Xining to Tibet, you will passing through vast grasslands, snow-capped mountains, high-altitude lakes, yaks and herders’ tents, and barren deserts. Keep your eyes peeled throughout the journey for antelope, foxes, and Kiang, plus the occasional nomad.
There is even a popular song in China called “Take a train to Lhasa”. Listen to the beautiful songs during a train journey from Xining to Lhasa (about 21.5 hours by train) to appreciate the charming beauty of the Tibetan Plateau.
Good News! The wait is finally over - Gyirong Port (China Nepal Border) is open to tourism and ready to welcome you with open arms, in 2023. Currently, the Gyirong Port is used for tourism, while the Zhangmu Port is primarily used for freight (not for tourists).