Beijing is the capital and political and cultural center of China. Beijing has been the capital of China for 850 years in its 3000 years’ history. Moreover, Beijing is the city with the most UNESCO world cultural heritages in the world. More than 147 million take a tour to Beijing every year.
Beijing is rich in tourism resources, with more than 200 tourist attractions, including the world’s largest palace - the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, the Royal Garden Beihai and Summer Palace, as well as the Badaling Great Wall, Mutianyu Great Wall and the Prince Gong’s Mansion - the largest courtyard house in the world. Besides, there are 7309 national cultural relics, 326 municipal cultural relics, 5 national geological parks, and 15 national forest parks in or around Beijing City.
Like most cities in north China, the climate is dry in Beijing. So there is need to worry about typhoons or heavy rain. Most tourists travel to Beijing between April and November, during which the climate is mild, and the plants are at their best times.
If the Great Wall is the main reason why you travel to Beijing, visiting Beijing in winter (December to next March) is recommended, because the Great Wall is more magnificent when it is covered by snow.
The best time to visit Beijing is from April to early November. In order to avoid being surrounded by thousands of domestic tourists, it is suggested to avoid visiting Beijing during the National Day Holiday (October 1st to 7th).
Many people prefer to visit in March and April when it is much cooler and not crowded. The average temperature at this time reaches approximately 15 degrees centigrade by day falling to a low of around 5 degrees centigrade at night.
1) Don't bring too many things. Climbing the Great Wall may make you a little tired, you only need to bring a bottle of mineral water.
2) Those who like to take pictures should not bring too many accessories, just a tripod is ok.
3) Wear flat shoes or sports casual shoes, and don't climb in high heels, otherwise you may hurt you feet, and it is not safe.
4) If you hike with you kids, it is important to ask them not to chase each other on the steep parts of a Great Wall section.
5) Do not climb alone, try to find an experienced guide
6) Make a hiking plan beforehand based on your own condition, including the length of the hike, the items you need to take, and ask someone to be your contact person for emergency.
1) The Badaling Great Wall: the most famous one and the most tourists visited
2) Mutianyu Great Wall: It can cover more than 90%, and is most popular with foreign tourists
3) Juyongguan Great Wall: one of the eight scenic spots in Beijing
4) Jinshanling Great Wall: Most popular among photographers
5) Huanghuacheng Water Great Wall: a holiday resort integrating the Great Wall, lakes and mountains
6) Simatai Great Wall: The only Great Wall that can be visited at night
In a word, the Mutianyu is the most recommended.
Beijing Roast Duck, instant-boiled mutton, fried circle bread, pea flour cake, fried cake, soybean pastry, soybean juice, etc. are famous Beijing local foods.
Gui Street, Wangfujing Food Street, Donghuamen Food Street, Ping'an Street, Xiaoyun Street, Laitai Food Street, Fangzhuang Food Street, Guang’anmen Food Street, etc., are all famous food streets.
Not at all. Our experienced guide will provide you with English explanations throughout the tour. You can learn everything you want to know, such as Chinese history, culture and folk customs!
Yes, there are some special festivals worthy of a visit.
Beijing Changdian Cultural Temple Fair - It is a traditional festival in Xuanwu District of Beijing during the first 15 days of a lunar new year. You can to see Chinese traditional arts like the Lion Dance, traditional handicraft exhibition, Beijing opera, martial arts and acrobatic, etc.
Fragrant Hill Red Leaf Festival - The festival is held in Fragrant Hill and lasts from the mid-October to mid-November. The red maple leaves all over the mountain could give you an unforgettable Beijing tour.
Yanqing Ice and Snow Festival - It features the grand snow landscape, rich snow activities and unique folk custom. During the festival, Longqing Gorge ice lantern, mountain skiing, motorcycle skiing, snow hot spring and snow temple fair are on.